|Aino Jawo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DJ and Singer
Her music group, Icona Pop is managed by
- Bruce Eskowitz and Sarah Diebel of Red Light Management
- Creative Artists Agency
Dance, Synthpop, Electro house
TEN, Big Beat, Atlantic, Interscope Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Aino Jawo has dated –
- Vladimir Valdemar – As per her Instagram feed, Aino is in a relationship with strength coach Vladimir. They are pretty vocal about their relationship on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Gambian ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she is of Finnish descent.
- Septum piercing
- Short-cropped hairdo
- Broad smile
Her music group Icona Pop’s single I Love It was used in a TV advertisement for the popular mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy S4. It was also used in a TV commercial for the popular vodka brand, Smirnoff Ice.
Best Known For
Being one half of the musical duo Icona Pop, which is popular for the commercial success of the single I Love It. Also, their album, Iconic EP achieved decent success and peaked at the 21st position on the U.S. iTunes dance chart.
In November 2012, her music act released their debut studio album, Icona Pop, which eventually managed to creep to the 55th position on the Swedish album charts.
She got her first credit for work in theatrical film in 2016, as she gave her voice to the character named Satin in the animated comedy feature, Trolls.
First TV Show
In 2012, Aino Jawo made her first TV show appearance as herself in the music game show, Sommarkrysset.
Aino Jawo relies on yoga to keep herself fit. She was introduced to yoga by her mother. She even doesn’t mind taking her yoga to the natural surroundings of the forest.
Aino also enjoys various outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking to maintain an active lifestyle.
Aino Jawo Favorite Things
- Pop Icon – Prince
Source – Spin
Aino Jawo Facts
- She is a fan of ink art and has got almost half a dozen tattoos, including a picture of a women inked on her right elbow and a red rose with green leaves, tattooed on the back of her left calf.
- She went to the same musical school as Caroline Hjelt. However, they didn’t decide to form a music group until they met at a party in February 2009. They had written a couple of singles within 4 months of the formation of the music act.
- Before the formation of Icona Pop, she was a member of the Blues music band. She was also a member of a punk-rock electro band.
- Aino considers herself a feminist.
- She has done lots of activism work for the LGBT community and has appeared in a couple of pride parades as well.
Featured Image by Aino Jawo / Instagram