|Dean Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1987|
Dean Lewis is an Australian singer-songwriter who is better known for his 2016 chart-topping song Waves. The single that brought Lewis at the top of his game as a singer earned him a certified 6x Platinum in Australia in 2019. With more of his tracks hitting the top of numerous music charts, it wasn’t long until Lewis had finally taken his own spot in the music industry. In 2018, his single Be Alright also became a crowd-favorite, reaching the no. 1 spot in Australia and eventually became certified “Platinum” in just 4 weeks following its release.
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
- Small Lips
- Long Jawline
- Tall Height
Dean Lewis Favorite Things
- Food – Eggs Benedict, Buffalo Wings,
- Beverage – Coffee, Bubble Tea
- Relaxation – Enjoying a burger in bed
- Hobbies – Making friends after shows, writing down his thoughts every morning, finishing a new song, playing with his dog Billy, hanging out with his brother, reading books, watching movies
- Random Things – Fans singing songs back while performing onstage
- Pets – Dogs
- City – New York City
Source – YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube
Dean Lewis Facts
- He was inspired to pursue a career in music after watching a live Oasis DVD in 2005.
- In 2014, he had signed a contract with Specific Music.
- In 2016, he had signed a major contract with Island Records and Universal Music Australia.
- On September 30, 2016, he dropped his debut single Waves which immediately reached no. 12 on the Australian ARIA Charts. After making rounds on various music charts and flaunting success in the music industry, the song’s popularity was fueled and then was featured on various American TV shows like Suits, Greys Anatomy, Riverdale, Valor, All American, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments, and Magnum P.I. (2018).
- In 2017, he released Need You Now and debuted the extended play Same Kind of Different which reached no. 27 on the ARIA Album Charts. Around the same time, he also earned 5 ARIA Award nominations during the ARIA Music Awards 2017.
- His single Be Alright became certified 8x Platinum in Australia and has reached the top spots in many other countries including Belgium, New Zealand, Sweden, and Ireland. It peaked at no. 10 in the Netherlands and Switzerland, the top 20 in the United Kingdom and Scotland, and the top 30 in the United States.
- In January 2019, his new single 7 Minutes was released and was then followed by his debut album called A Place We Knew which was released on March 22, 2019.
- During the 2019 AFL Grand Final, Lewis went onstage to perform his chart-toppers Be Alright and Waves. In that same year, he signed with WME to serve as a representation in all areas.
- On October 31, 2019, another single called Used to Love was released. This song was a collaborative work he made with the Dutch DJ and Producer Martin Garrix. According to Lewis, his collaboration with Garrix suddenly became “something” he has considered pursuing, adding that it was a “real” partnership with someone who has become a “great friend”. In 2020, an acoustic version of this song was released.
Featured Image by Dean Lewis / Instagram