|G. V. Prakash Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1987|
G. V. Prakash Kumar, popularly known as GVP predominantly works as a composer and actor in the Tamil film industry. His first film as a composer was Veyil (2006) and the maiden film as a lead actor was Darling (2015).
G. V. Prakash Kumar
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He did his schooling from Chettinad Vidyashram, Chennai.
Actor, Composer, Instrumentalist, Playback Singer, Film Producer
- Father – G. Venkatesh
- Mother – A. R. Reihana (Playback Singer)
- Siblings – G. V. Bhavani Sre (Sister) (Assistant Director, Actress)
- Others – A. R. Rahman (Maternal Uncle) (Singer, Music Director, Music Composer, Arranger)
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard/Piano, Drums, Mridangam
He is unsigned. Mostly, he has contributed to film songs. His songs are labeled by Think Music, Gemini Audio, Junglee Music, Lahari Music, T-Series, and others.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
G. V. Prakash Kumar’s name has been linked with –
- Saindhavi (Early 2000s-Present) – Saindhavi is a Carnatic music singer and Indian film playback singer. Saindhavi and GVP are childhood friends. They both fell in love with each other when GVP was in 10th grade and Saindhavi was in 8th grade. GV gifted her two teddy bear dolls which would say I Love You when pressed. They got married in 2013 in Chennai.
Race / Ethnicity
He has served as a brand ambassador for Tuti Patriots team (2016) – Representing Nellai District in Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL).
G. V. Prakash Kumar Favorite Things
- Actor – Vijay
- Directors – Sanjay Leela Bhansali, S. S. Rajamouli, Raj Kumar Hirani, and Anurag Kashyap
- Singers – A. R. Rahman, Chitra, Alka Yagnik, Shankar Mahadevan, and Lata Mangeshkar
- Songs – Aap ke nazron ne samjha, Sundari kannal oru seydhi, Poongatrile un swasathai, Newyork nagaram, Adho andha paravai pola, and Andhi mazhai pozhigiradhu
- Music Composers – A. R. Rahman, Ennio Morriccone, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Shankar, Eshan, and Loy
- Inspiration – Michael Jackson, Craig David, Ilaiyaraaja, A. R. Rahman
Source – Behind Woods, India Today, YouTube
G. V. Prakash Kumar Facts
- He usually composes music for 2 songs in his style for a film. GV will let the film directors choose the other songs as he always likes to give a lot of space to the directors.
- He only gets satisfied with the song after the final mix of it is completed. Also, he is good at estimating whether the song would get applause from the audience while tuning a song.
- When superstar Rajinikanth made a phone call to him to compose for the film Kuselan (2008), he felt as if he was frozen at that moment and he always wanted to save the phone call. He considers this incident as a memorable experience for him in the film industry.
- Once GVP said that he is scared of his uncle, music director A. R. Rahman. Also, he would get even more scared while working with Rahman as an assistant.
- According to him, even a painting or a story can inspire him a lot. Especially, the story in the film Veyil (2006) inspired him very much.
- He prefers to speak up on the issues in society that needs to be heard and issues that need a voice. He also wants everyone to voice their opinions that are relevant to society.
- When he was asked about the actors entering politics, he replied as rather than judging them by their previous profession, a politician’s propaganda must be judged based on his principles, the causes he is taking up, and his promise for the reformation of the society.
- GV is a social activist and also likes to contribute to protests to create awareness on farmer concerns and hydrocarbon issues in India.
Featured Image by SR TecH DeZ / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0