|John Paul Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1946|
John Paul Jones is an English musician, songwriter, arranger, actor, and record producer who is best known for being the bassist and keyboardist for the rock band Led Zeppelin. After embarking on a career as a solo artist, he became a member of the supergroup Them Crooked Vultures alongside Josh Homme and Dave Grohl.
John Paul Jones, JPJ, Jonesy, John Richard Baldwin
Sidcup, Kent, England, United Kingdom
West London, London, England, United Kingdom
John Paul Jones attended Christ’s College in Blackheath, London and studied music.
Musician, Songwriter, Arranger, Film Composer, Producer, Actor
- Father – Joe Baldwin (Pianist, Arranger)
John Paul Jones is represented by Opium Arts Management, Ltd., Music Artist Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin, Guitar
Discipline Global Mobile, Atlantic, Swan Song
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Paul Jones has dated –
- Morgana Welch (1971-1972)
- Maxine Entwistle (2006)
- Maureen Jones (1965-Present) – After seeing one another for a while, John Paul Jones and Maureen married in 1967 and parent 3 daughters named Tamara, Jacinda, and Kiera.
Race / Ethnicity
John Paul Jones is of English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- His use of Fender Bass Guitars
- Inspiring performances
John Paul Jones Facts
- With Led Zeppelin, he released the band’s eponymous debut album on January 12, 1969, and it peaked at number #6 on the UK Albums Chart, at number #10 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and at number #11 on the Canadian RPM Top 100 Chart.
- John Paul Jones co-starred in the 1976 concert film, The Song Remains the Same, based on Led Zeppelin alongside his bandmates John Bonham, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant. The movie also featured his wife and daughters.
- As a member of Led Zeppelin, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Some of his musical influences included blues singer Big Bill Broonzy, jazz double bassist Charles Mingus, and pianist Sergei Rachmaninoff.
- For his outstanding contribution to Britain’s music and entertainment industry, the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors honored John Paul Jones with a “Gold Badge Award” in October 2010.
- In 2011, Them Crooked Vultures won the Grammy Award for “Best Hard Rock Performance” for the band’s first single titled New Fang.
- He topped the “20 Most Underrated Bass Guitarists” list curated by Paste magazine in 2014.
Featured Image by Lara (Larissa) Clifford / Flickr / CC BY 2.0