|Julian Posey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Julian Posey is an American professional football player who has represented the New York Jets (2011), the Miami Dolphins (2012), the Cleveland Browns (2013), and the Minnesota Vikings (2014) in the National Football League (NFL), as a cornerback. With the New York Jets and the Minnesota Vikings, he was only an offseason and/or practice squad member. He had been signed up by the New York Jets in 2011 as an undrafted free agent. He has also turned out for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2014–2015) and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (2015–2016) in the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Julian Lamar Posey
San Francisco, California, United States
Julian had attended the La Salle High School, a Catholic, all-male, archdiocesan school in Cincinnati, Ohio. After his high school graduation, he joined Ohio University, a public research university in Athens, Ohio. There, he had represented the Ohio Bobcats football team for 4 seasons between 2007 and 2011.
Professional American Football Player
- Mother – Julie Posey
- Siblings – DeVier Posey (Younger Brother) (Professional American Football Player, ‘Grey Cup’ (the annual championship game of the Canadian Football League) Champion & MVP in 2017)
- 21, 38 – New York Jets
- 38 – Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings
- 29 – Winnipeg Blue Bombers
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julian has dated –
- Shanina Shaik (2014) – Julian dated Australian fashion/runway model Shanina Shaik from May 2014 to July 2014.
- Azjah Cheyenne Valverde – Through his long-term relationship with Azjah Cheyenne Valverde, Julian has 2 sons named Goldn Sainte Lamar Posey (b. March 17, 2019) and Hyyer Sainte Yeshua Valverde Posey (b. February 10, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Dreadlocked hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a thin goatee
Julian Posey Facts
- Julian, during his high school days, was named to the first-team All-Greater Catholic League South. He was also an honorable mention for the Division I All-District team as well as the All-Area team by The Cincinnati Enquirer, a morning daily newspaper that was first published in 1841.
- Besides football, he was also proficient in athletics during his high school days and was selected to the first-team all-conference, all-city, and all-division on the track team.
- In his freshman year at Ohio University, he had 54 tackles, 8 passes defended, 2 interceptions, and 2 forced fumbles. In his sophomore year, he had 14 tackles and 2 passes defended for the season.
- In his junior year, he had 29 tackles, 6 passes defended, and 2 interceptions (with one scoring a touchdown). In his senior year, he had 46 tackles and a fumble recovery for a touchdown.
- In late July 2011, the New York Jets had signed him up as an undrafted free agent. In September 2011, he was waived but was signed to the practice squad just 2 days later. Later that month, he was released from the practice squad. However, in January 2012, he signed a reserve/future contract with them. He was released by the team in August 2012.
- In October 2012, he was signed to the Miami Dolphins‘ practice squad and went on to play 2 games for them in the 2012 season. In September 2013, he was signed to the Cleveland Browns‘ practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster in October 2013 but was released later that month.
- He was claimed off waivers by the Minnesota Vikings in June 2014 and was signed to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats‘ practice roster in September 2014. The following year, he joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Featured Image by Julian Posey / Instagram