|Stevie Nicks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1948|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Stevie Nicks is an American singer and songwriter who is best remembered for being a member of Fleetwood Mac (1975-1991 & 1997-present) as well as for her equally-successful solo career. She has more than 250k followers on Twitter, more than 450k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on YouTube, and more than 3 million followers on Facebook.
Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Stevie, The Reigning Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Stevie attended Arcadia High School and Menlo-Atherton High School.
She graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Speech Communication.
- Father – Aaron Nicks, Jr. (Food Business Executive)
- Mother – Barbara Nicks
- Siblings – Christopher Nicks (Younger Brother)
- Others – Aaron Nicks, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Effie Cox (Paternal Grandmother), Edward Neppel (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Harwood (Maternal Grandmother), Jessica James Nicks (Niece)
Stevie is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts in California.
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Polydor Records
- Atlantic Records
- Reprise Records
- Warner Records
5 ft 1½ in or 156 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stevie has dated –
- Lindsey Buckingham – Stevie and musician Lindsey Buckingham had a tumultuous relationship from the late 1960s till 1976.
- Jerry Brown
- Waddy Wachtel
- Paul Fishkin
- Don Henley (1975-1978)
- J. D. Souther (1977)
- Mick Fleetwood (1977-1978)
- Jimmy Iovine (1980-1983)
- Kim Anderson (1983) – Stevie wed her best friend Robin Snyder’s husband Kim Anderson on January 29, 1983, after Robin had died of leukemia 3 months prior. She married Anderson in order to take care of Robin’s newborn son Matthew, however, the couple got divorced 3 months later.
- Joe Walsh (1983-1986)
- David Stewart (1985)
- Rupert Hine (1988-1989)
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and Irish ancestry.
However, she dyes her hair blonde.
- Husky voice
- Often wears a top hat
Her song Edge of Seventeen was used in the endorsement for ‘Amazon Prime Wardrobe’ in 2019.
Stevie considers herself religious without any religious affiliations. It seems she is more leaned towards spirituality.
Stevie Nicks Favorite Things
- Song From The Album 24 Karat Gold– Mabel Normand
- Cuisine – Mexican
- Foods – Vanilla bean ice cream, Gelato, Cherry pie, Lemon cake, Chocolate chip cookies
- TV Shows – Glee, American Idol
- Artist To Sing With – Natalie Maines
- Artist – Haim
- Album – 747 by Lady Antebellum
- Song From Haim‘s EP ‘Forever’ – Go Slow
- Concert Venues In The US – Madison Square Garden, The Fillmore
Source – Ppcorn.com, BuckinghamNicksInfo.Tumblr.com, Simplemost.com, Oprah.com
Stevie Nicks Facts
- Rhiannon written by Stevie reached #488 on the list of ‘The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time’ by Rolling Stone magazine in 2004.
- Fleetwood Mac‘s song ‘Don’t Stop’ was used as the campaign song by then-presidential candidate Bill Clinton in 1992. The band performed the hit single during Clinton’s inaugural gala in 1993.
- Her debut solo album Bella Donna (1981) reached #1 at the US Billboard 200 and was certified multiplatinum by the RIAA.
- Stevie fell pregnant by Eagles frontman Don Henley during their affair in the late 1970s. She got an abortion but partly dedicated 1979 single, Sara, to her unborn child.
- She received treatment for cocaine addiction in the 1980s and later underwent detoxification from Klonopin, a sedative prescribed to help her wean off cocaine.
- She once got a botox treatment done and regretted it later. According to her, it spoiled her face for 4 months.
- In 2020, Stevie collaborated with a much younger pop icon, Miley Cyrus to release a duet titled Edge of Midnight.
Featured Image by Ralph Arvesen / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0