|Taboo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jaime Luis Gomez
Taboo Nawasha, Bobby Green Toes, Pringles
Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Taboo went to the Richard Garvey Intermediate School in Rosemead. After completing his eighth-grade education, he got enrolled at the Rosemead High School and graduated in 1993.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, DJ
- Father – Jimmy J. Gómez
- Mother – Aurora Ann Sifuentes
- Others – Luis Gonzalez Sifuentes Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Clarita Acosta (Maternal Grandmother)
Taboo is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Hip-hop, electro, alternative hip-hop
Vocals, guitar, electronic keyboard
Nawasha Networks, Interscope, will.i.am Music Group, A&M Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taboo has dated
- Jaymie Dizon – Taboo first met fashion publicist Jaymie Dizon at a club in Los Angeles in 1999. Before long, they had started dating but their relationship lasted only for a brief time. They met each other again in 2005 at a fashion show. Soon after, they reignited their romance and after a couple of dinner dates realized that they were perfect for each other. On the eve of Valentine’s Day in 2007, he surprised her by taking her to the Beverly Hills jeweler Neil Lane’s shop. They co-designed a sparkling cushion cut 3-carat engagement ring and got married in Pasadena in July 2008. His Black Eyed Peas group mates will.i.am and apl.de.ap served as groomsmen. The lavish wedding reception was held at the Biltmore hotel in Santa Clara with around 200 guests in attendance. In July 2009, his wife gave birth to their first child, Jimmy Jalen Gomez, who was followed by their second, Journey, in April 2011. After their marriage, Jaymie also became stepmother to his son, Joshua, who was born out of an earlier relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Mexican ancestry on both his parents’ sides. He also has Shoshone Indian ancestry on his mother’s side.
- His flamboyant hairstyles
- Often wears a fedora hat
Taboo has appeared in the TV commercial for American Cancer Society (Taboo: The Fight) (2016)
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular hip-hop and pop group, The Black Eyes Peas. They have released several chart-topping and critically acclaimed music albums and singles. Overall, the band has sold more than 75 million records.
In 1998, his music group released their debut studio album, Behind the Front.
In 2002, he made his film debut playing the role of the main villain in the comedy flick, Fists of Cheese.
First TV Show
In December 2003, Taboo made his first TV show appearance as himself on the music TV show, Top of the Pops.
Taboo follows a healthy lifestyle wherein he works out regularly and ensures that he is eating healthy and clean foods. When it comes to the gym workout, he mixes strength training and conditioning with bodyweight exercises. Plus, the effort needed to keep going while performing live on the stage provides him with an additional high-tempo cardio workout.
His typical workout features exercises such as burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, and strength conditioning exercises involving dumbbells and exercise machines. And, while touring, he often drags his Black Eyes Peas bandmate apl.de.ap to the gym to work out with him.
- In 2014, he was diagnosed with stage 2 testicular cancer after he checked into the emergency room due to the pain he felt throughout his body after a live performance.
- He had to undergo surgery and follow it up with a 12-week course of chemotherapy to take care of his ailment.
- His solo single The Fight has been inspired by his fight against testicular cancer. He has donated a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the single to the American Cancer Society.
- He was appointed as the ambassador for the American Cancer Society in May 2016.
- In February 2011, he published his autobiography Fallin’ Up: My Story, which he had written in collaboration with Steve Dennis.
- His musical alias Taboo was partially inspired by the 1980 adult movie of the same name.
- In 1995, will.i.am and apl.de.ap hired him to replace Dante Santiago. They also scrapped their old group name Atban Klann and adopted “Black Eyes Peas” as their official band name.
- Taboo has been a vocal advocate of the rights for the Indigenous tribes and Native American ethnic groups.
Featured Image by Walterlan Papetti / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0