|Tom Green Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1970|
Tom Green is a Canadian stand-up comedian who is often credited for paving the way for modern-day prank comedy. Since 1999, he has appeared in various US sketch comedy shows, reality shows, and talk shows. He is also known for his film appearances in Road Trip (2000), Charlie’s Angels (2000), Stealing Harvard (2002), Shred (2008) and directorial debut Freddy Got Fingered (2001). He has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Michael Thomas Green
Tom, MC Bones, MC Face
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
- Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Ottawa, Canada
Tom finished his high school education in 1990. He is an alumnus of Henry Munro Middle School, followed by Colonel By Secondary School and Cairine Wilson Secondary School.
For his Bachelor’s degree, Green studied Television Broadcasting at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology and graduated in 1994.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Filmmaker, Rapper, Talk Show Host, Columnist for Huffington Post
- Father – Richard Green (Retired Captain of the Canadian Armed Forces, President, and CEO of Paul Davis Systems of Ottawa / Lanark)
- Mother – Mary Jane Green née Hagan (Former Communications Consultant)
- Siblings – Joe Green (Younger Brother)
Tom Green is represented by –
- The Characters Talent Agency Ltd, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Danis, Panaro & Nist (DPN Talent), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- The Gersh Agency, California, United States
A&M Records, Ceiling Fan Records, Vik Recordings
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Green has dated –
- Mary Carey – Tom possibly dated former adult film actress and playboy model, Mary Carey in the past.
- Drew Barrymore (1998–2002) – Tom met acclaimed actress, Drew Barrymore when the studio co-financing her movie cast him in Charlie’s Angels (2000). The couple started dating in 1998 and got engaged in July 2000. They got married on July 7, 2001. Merely after 6 months of marriage, Tom filed for divorce in December 2001 citing irreconcilable differences. The couple got legally divorced on October 15, 2002. While dating Drew Barrymore, Tom was diagnosed with testicular cancer in March 2000, and the actress was by his side during his successful surgery and recovery process. The couple also narrowly escaped a fire that broke out in Drew’s home in Hollywood Hills in early 2001.
- Brittany Murphy (2000) – Tabloid rumors in the early 2000s suggested that Tom possibly shared a brief dating period with late actress Brittany Murphy sometime before she started dating model turned actor, Ashton Kutcher in late 2002.
- Winona Ryder (2008) – The paparazzi spotted Tom on a dinner date with acclaimed actress, Winona Ryder in August 2008. The couple managed to prevent the release of any further news to the media during their short relationship.
- Heidi Mueller (2009) – The comedian was rumored to be in a relationship with daytime soap actress Heidi Mueller in 2009.
- Kimberly Burke (2010–2011) – In January 2011, Tom attended the red carpet premiere of The Green Hornet (2011) with his then-girlfriend Kimberly Burke. The couple confirmed their relationship by kissing in front of the paparazzi. Kimberly was an aspiring actress at that time. After her break-up with Tom, Burke moved on and got married.
- Kat Von D (2013, 2016) – Kat is a famous tattoo artist and entrepreneur. She dated Tom right after the end of her engagement with Canadian music producer, Joel Zimmerman aka Deadmau5 in June 2013. The couple celebrated Tom’s 41st Birthday with a movie date. The couple later broke up and Kat started dating British stunt performer and comedian Stephen Gilchrist Glover aka Steve O. However, she sparked rumors of a rekindled romance with Green when she posted a picture with him on Instagram in May 2016. Tom was seen helping Kat to get her Golden Yellow 1951 Chevy towed in Hollywood when it ran out of gas. Nevertheless Kat and Green did not last as a couple because in the same year she met and got romantically involved with musician Rafael Reyes and married him in February 2018.
- Erin Darling (2014–2015) – Erin Darling is a former TMZ reporter turned comedian and actress who went on a nationwide stand-up comedy tour with Tom Green from 2014 to 2015. She possibly dated Tom for that duration since the couple was frequently seen together at public places and events in Los Angeles and did not shy away from public display of affection.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
His hair has turned “Salt and Pepper” due to his advancing age.
- Usually had a goatee in the early years of his career and started maintaining a thick beard when he entered his 40s
- Tall height
He has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Bigwords.com (1999)
- Pepsi (1999)
- Gillette’s Right Guard (2000)
- Right Guard Xtreme Sport Anti-Perspirant (2000) (Print ads)
He also has an endorsement deal with an Ottawa based Canadian Brewery called Beau’s. Green’s image is featured on their signature drink’s beer bottle.
Best Known For
Starring in the lead role of Gordon Brody in the black comedy that he directed and co-wrote called Freddy Got Fingered (2001). Although the film was brutally criticized by most critics upon release and won 5 Golden Raspberry Awards including “Worst Actor”, “Director”, and “Screenplay”, it eventually became a financial success through DVD rentals and sales.
He released his first album titled Huh!? Stiffenin’ Against the Wall in 1992.
He made his first feature film debut as Cybercafe Waiter in the comedy film, Clutch in 1998.
His first film voice-over assignment was for the character of Okra in the English dubbing of the animated film Bling in 2016.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as a host of a sketch comedy show called The Tom Green Show in 1994 that first aired on an Ottawa based community channel, Rogers Television 22. In 1997, it got picked up by the Canadian channel, The Comedy Network and eventually gained a slot on MTV in the United States starting in January 1999.
His first voice-over role was for the character of Jerrold in an episode of the animated series Dilbert in 2000.
Tom Green had a predisposition towards being lean to the point of being underweight in his 20s. Owing to an erratic schedule of constant travel across the world and within the country for stand-up performances, his metabolism slowed down by the time he crossed the age of 40, causing some evident weight gain.
He was an avid skateboarder in his teenage years and 20s. Green shared on Reddit that he liked to skate in his late 40s but does not attempt any stunts or fancy moves for safety. The comedian also enjoys hiking with his dogs at a Canyon near his LA residence and often posts pictures with them on Instagram.
Tom Green Favorite Things
- Quote About Comic Sensibility – “It’s funny to watch somebody acting silly, but it’s even funnier to watch somebody watching someone act silly” – John Cleese
- Video Gear – Canon 5D Mark III digital SLR, Canon Power Shot 330 HS point and shoot
- Applications – Vine, Uber
- Podcasting Gear – The Zoom H4n Audio Recorder, 2 Heil PR 40 Microphones, Mixer, MacBook Pro Laptop
- Ice Hockey Team – Phoenix Coyotes, Ottawa Senators
- Music Genre – Old School Hip-Hop
- Musical Artist – A Tribe called Quest
- Album– Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest
- Comic Role Model – George Carlin, Richard Pryor
- Talk Show Host – David Letterman
- Contemporary Comedians – Chris Rock, Louis C.K.
- Hometown Place – Elgin Street (Downtown Ottawa)
- TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008–2013)
Source – AV Club, USA Today, Reddit, InsideHalton.com
Tom Green Facts
- His maternal and paternal grandfathers served in the Canadian Army overseas during World War II in France, Belgium, Holland, England, Germany, and Italy.
- Tom’s father also served in the Canadian Army and supervised the ceasefire in Vietnam in 1973.
- Green was 15 years old when he first attempted stand-up comedy at Yuk Yuk’s comedy club and performed there for 2 and a half years.
- Tom raps as the alter ego MC Face who claims to be different from Tom Green and during most of the album tracks, raps disses about Tom Green and his close friends Glenn Humplik and Derek Harvie.
- Other than English, the comedian is also fluent in French.
- In the early 90s, Tom was a part of a hip-hop group called Organized Rhyme. Their song, Check the O.R., was nominated for a Juno Award in “Best Rap” category in 1993. The group disbanded after creating 1 album but reunited in 2011 to create a new video for Check the O.R.
- While attending Algonquin College, Tom started hosting a midnight call-in show on the radio using his campus studio that became a hit in his hometown. He recreated the same call-in format in a talk show on the internet in 2006 originally called Tom Green Live! later renamed as Tom Green’s House Tonight. His show was syndicated to various TV channels till 2014.
- After 20 years of residence in the United States, on February 21, 2019, Tom became a naturalized US Citizen.
- At the peak of his career, while dating Drew Barrymore and battling testicular cancer, Tom used to rent veteran actor, William Shatner’s LA home. That house was also where the self-proclaimed non-religious comedian attempted praying for the first time in the hope to recover successfully from his cancer diagnosis.
- As of 2019, Tom had been a working stand-up comedian for more than 30 years.
- During the press conference of the film Grey Owl (1999), Tom Green serenaded Pierce Brosnan and kissed him to film one of the segments for his prank show. Pierce had no idea about Tom’s identity and thought he was a journalist.
- Unlike most actors who do not attend The Golden Raspberry Award ceremony aka the Razzies, Tom not only attended the ceremony to accept his award but also brought a cheap red carpet that he unrolled as he entered the theatre. He had to be dragged off-stage after one of his award acceptances because he would not stop playing the harmonica.
- In 2002, he created a production company called Bob Green Films named after his paternal uncle.
- In 2002, Tom got two Siberian husky female dogs and named them Steve and Annie. Steve passed away in December 2014 due to cancer, and Annie also died a few months later.
- The comedian released his autobiography named Hollywood Causes Cancer: The Tom Green Story published in October 2004.
- In 2005, he bought an 11-month-old parrot and named it Rex Murphy.
- In 2006, Green made a celebrity guest appearance on America’s Got Talent and jumped through a ring of fire on a skateboard. Later, on an episode of Tom Green Live, the comedian confessed that the stunt was performed by a stuntman.
- Tom was one of the contestants in The Celebrity Apprentice (2009) and was fired by Donald Trump in episode 3.
- Green was also one of the contestants on Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 (American edition) in 2019. Although he was the 6th person to get evicted out of the game, he won the title of “America’s Favorite Houseguest” that carried prize money of 25,000 dollars.
- Visit his official website @ www.tomgreen.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Sgt. Canaan Radcliffe / www.dvidshub.net / Public Domain