|Toni Braxton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1967|
Toni Braxton is an American singer, songwriter, pianist, actor, and television personality who initially rose to fame as a member of The Braxtons, a musical quintet that also included her younger sisters – Traci Braxton, Towanda Braxton, Trina Braxton, and Tamar Braxton. The Braxtons went on to release albums and tracks like So Many Ways, Good Life, Every Day Is Christmas, Only Love, Slow Flow, and The Boss. Moreover, Toni Braxton has also worked as a solo artist and has released multiple albums, extended plays, and songs including Toni Braxton, Spell My Name, He Wasn’t Man Enough, Un-Break My Heart, Discover More, S*x & Cigarettes, Pulse, The Heat, Secrets, Snowflakes, Libra, More Than a Woman, Soul Pack: Toni Braxton, Love Shoulda Brought You Home, Breathe Again, Another Sad Love Song, I Don’t Want To, You’re Makin’ Me High, You Mean the World to Me, Seven Whole Days, How Many Ways, How Could an Angel Break My Heart (with Kenny G), Trippin’ (That’s the Way Love Works), Yesterday, Take This Ring, and Christmas in Jamaica (ft. Shaggy). Braxton was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 2011.
Toni Michelle Braxton
Severn, Maryland, U.S.
Toni got a teaching degree from Bowie State University.
She also went to Glen Burnie High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer, and Television Personality
- Father – Michael Conrad Braxton Sr. (Methodist, Clergyman, and Power Company Worker)
- Mother – Evelyn Jackson (Former Opera Singer and Cosmetologist)
- Siblings – Michael Jr. (Younger Brother) (b. 1968), Traci (Younger Sister) (b. 1971) (Died in 2022), Towanda (Younger Sister) (b. 1973), Trina (Younger Sister) (b. 1974), Tamar (Younger Sister) (b. 1977)
- Others – Francis/Frances Collins Braxton (Paternal Grandfather), Eva Estine Waters (Paternal Grandmother), The Rev. John Jackson (Maternal Grandfather), Beulah Given/Givens/Rumph (Maternal Grandmother), Kevin Surrat Jr. (Nephew), Logan Vincent Herbert (Nephew)
She has been repped by –
- International Creative Management
- LINK Entertainment
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
R&B, Soul, Pop
Vocals and Piano
- Blackground Records
- Def Jam Recordings
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Toni Braxton has dated –
- Frankie Beverly – Frankie is a vocalist by profession and is famous for his recordings for Soul and Funk band. Frankie and Toni had an encounter.
- Curtis Martin – American Football player Curtis Martin had dated Toni for some time in the past.
- Bryant Reid (1993-1994) – She was romantically involved with Bryant Reid between May 1993 and August 1994.
- Shemar Moore (1994-1995) – Toni and actor Shemar started dating in 1994. Shemar also appeared in Toni’s music video “How Many Ways”. They separated in 1995.
- Jim Jackson (1996) – Basketball player Jim Jackson and Toni had an encounter that was like a sports fairy tale. Braxton went to the Maverick’s Hotel to pick up Jason Kidd for a date but instead, she went away with Jim Jackson. They both started dating in 1996 and got separated in the same year.
- Jason Kidd (1996) – Before Jim Jackson, Toni was dating Jason Kidd for some time, but they separated after the whole Maverick’s Hotel incident as mentioned above.
- Keri Lewis (2000-2009) – Singers Toni and Keri started dating in February 2000 and got married in April 2001. They have two children together – sons Denim Cole Braxton–Lewis (b. 2001) and Diezel Ky Braxton-Lewis (b. March 2003). Diezel was diagnosed with Autism. Braxton separated from Keri in 2009 and they got divorced on July 25, 2015.
- Eddie Murphy (2012) – Comedian Eddie Murphy and Toni were rumored to be dating together.
- Birdman (2016-Present) – Birdman, the American rapper, and Toni started dating in 2016. They took a step further by getting engaged in early 2018. However, in January 2019, Toni posted a picture of herself in a red gown captioning that starting all over isn’t easy, pointing out that the couple had separated. She was also seen discussing with her sister, Trina Braxton, on an April 2019 episode of Braxton Family Values that she regretted not taking her relationship with Birdman to the next level even though there were issues between them. On the other hand, when Birdman was asked sometime in March if Toni was single, he rubbished it saying all of it was fake and she did that to keep the media’s attention away. The statements are so contrary that even Toni’s family calls her relationship with Birdman a mystery.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Beautiful Voice
- Perfectly toned body
Toni did a commercial for spreading Autism awareness for a foundation called “Autism Speaks”. She has served as the international spokesperson for this foundation.
Toni’s father was a preacher, but after some time, their family converted to “Methodism”.
Best Known For
Songs called “Un-Break My Heart” and “You’re Makin’ Me High”. Un-break my heart became her signature song.
In July 1993, Toni released her debut album, Toni Braxton. It peaked at #1 on Billboard 200 and had more than 10 million album copies sales worldwide.
She debuted with the comedy-drama film, Kingdom Come in 2001 where she played the role of Juanita Slocumb.
First TV Show
In 1990, Toni was first seen in the romantic documentary series Sex in the 90’s.
Toni eats a balanced, low-fat diet and her exercise routine includes aerobics and jogging.
She walks for about 40 minutes on the treadmill. She also does some Zumba workouts.
Toni Braxton Favorite Things
- Song for Performing – “He Wasn’t Man Enough” and “Seven Whole Days”
- TV Show – House Hunters on HGTV
- Store – Ross Dress for Less
- Food – Mexican
- Book – Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret by Judy Blume
- Fashion Icon – Rihanna
- Toni Braxton Video – “He Wasn’t Man Enough For Me”
- Tamar Braxton Song – “Love and War”
Source – NBC News, US Magazine, YouTube
Toni Braxton Facts
- Toni was the first female to sign with Laface Records.
- Toni decided to choose singing as her career when William E. Pettaway, Jr. heard her singing (she was singing to herself) while pumping gas at the Annapolis Service Station. He had seen some of Toni’s local performances also. Pettaway introduced himself and said that he wanted to produce Toni.
- Toni’s song “Let it Flow” was included in the 1995 hit movie “Waiting to Exhale”.
- Toni appeared in the Aaliyah tribute video “Miss You” in 2002.
- Toni Braxton became the first black female actor to play Belle in the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast in 1998.
- Toni was one of the contestants in the show “Dancing with the Stars” in 2008 and was voted out in the 5th week.
- She has an auto-immune disease called lupus that makes her feel tired while performing on stage.
- On August 28, 2020, she released her 9th studio album titled Spell My Name and it included songs like Fallin’, Happy Without Me, Do It (with Missy Elliott), Dance, and Gotta Move On (ft. H.E.R.). It peaked at number #21 on the US Top R&B Albums (Billboard) chart.
- In March 2022, it was revealed that Toni’s younger sister, Traci had passed away due to Esophageal cancer.
- Visit her official site @ tonibraxton.com.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / Public Domain