|Violent J Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1972|
Violent J is an American rapper, record producer, professional wrestler, and actor who is best known as one-half of the hip hop duo Insane Clown Posse (often abbreviated as ICP), alongside Shaggy 2 Dope. The duo has released multiple albums including Carnival of Carnage, The Mighty Death Pop!, Ringmaster, The Wraith: Hell’s Pit, Riddle Box, Yum Yum Bedlam, The Tempest, The Great Milenko, The Amazing Jeckel Brothers, Fearless Fred Fury, Bizaar, Bizzar, Bang! Pow! Boom!, The Wraith: Shangri-La, The Marvelous Missing Link: Lost, and The Marvelous Missing Link: Found. In addition to that, Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope have also co-founded the professional wrestling promotion Juggalo Championship Wrestling.
Violent J, Joseph Francis Bruce, Jagged Joe, Golden Jelly, Neck Cutter, Moon Glorious, Bullet, Mr. Diamond, Fats Pepper, Big Baby Sweets, Big Baby Chips, Dr. Punch, Duke of the Wicked, SouthWest Juggla, Big Joe Bruce, The Juggla, Happy J
Berkley, Michigan, United States
Violent J dropped out of school in 9th grade.
Rapper, Record Producer, Professional Wrestler, Actor
- Father – Richard Bruce
- Mother – Linda (Janitor)
- Siblings – Robert Bruce (Older Brother) (Retired Rapper, Professional Wrestler), Theresa (Sister)
- Others – Samantha (Niece)
As a member of Insane Clown Posse, Violent J has been repped by Psychopathic Records, Record Label, Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States.
Hip Hop, Horrorcore, Rap Rock, Midwest Hip Hop, Rap Metal
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $13 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Violent J has dated –
- Michelle “Sugar Slam” Rapp – He was previously married to singer Michelle Rapp (also known as Sugar Slam). They have 2 children – a son named Joseph “JJ” Bruce II (b. 2005) and a daughter named Ruby Bruce (b. 2006) – and the couple tied the knot on June 16, 2013. Later, it was announced in February 2016 that they had decided to separate but will always remain good friends.
- Blahzay Roze (2016) – Violent J started going out with artist Blahzay Roze in 2016 but the relationship ended the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
Sprays the audience with Faygo soda at the Insane Clown Posse shows
Violent J Favorite Things
- Bands/Artists – Prince, Michael Jackson, Pearl Jam
Source – IMDb
Violent J Facts
- He is the youngest of 3 siblings and he was 2 years old when his father stole all of the family’s money and left. Consequently, Violent J and his siblings were raised by their mother.
- Violent J was 7 years old when he and his brother caught a butterfly and became fascinated by the vibrant colors and overall peacefulness of the creature. They decided to keep the butterfly in a jar overnight and intended to free it the following morning but when they saw that the butterfly had died the next morning, the kids felt as if they had committed a murder. So, they made a vow that “one day, [they] will make it to heaven, so that [they] can […] apologize to that Butterfly face-to-face.” Inspired by the incident, every Insane Clown Posse album and EP reads “Dedicated to the Butterfly.”
- Between 1989 and 1990, he was jailed for 90 days for death threats, robbery, and violating probation.
- Some of his musical influences include Esham, N.W.A, Ice Cube, Awesome Dre, Geto Boys, Gong, Pearl Jam, and Michael Jackson.
- It was announced in 2021 that he was suffering from heart failure and he subsequently announced ICP‘s farewell world tour taking place the following year.
Featured Image by SullyDC / Flickr / CC BY 2.0